Fly.io Support: community vs email (Read this first)

Hello! We’re growing fast, and expectations from customers are growing even faster. This is good, provided you all understand what’s happening and how best to get help.

The tldr of this message is: you should activate a paid plan on your organization and use email support to get Fly.io staff to answer questions for you.

We have two support channels:

• Community forum: you are here. This is free (yay!) and a good place to post about things other community members may be able to help with. It’s an especially good place to post weird build errors you encounter, or talk about running different kinds of apps. There are some exceptionally helpful community members here. There are also Fly.io employees checking in occasionally. But that’s rare, and you should not count on your forum topic getting attention from someone who works at Fly.io.
  • Email support: when you sign up for a paid plan, we generate a unique support email address for you. Sending an email there is the best way to get a response from Fly.io engineers. In fact, we just hired more engineers specifically to help developers get stuff working well on Fly.

The goal for 2023 is to get ahead of user growth. The forums are great. Most of us actually like posting in them. We just don’t always have time. You’ll probably like us better – and we’ll definitely feel more chill – later this year when we get some time back to chat in forums.

17 Likes

Where do I find the email I can write on?

Once you activate a paid plan, you should be able to see your organization’s support email address in the billing dashboard. So if your org is called ‘foo’, you should then find your email address at https://fly.io/dashboard/foo/billing

1 Like

It seems like billing is also down (besides the container registry)…

i am having an issue with billing Help me understand the pricing breakdown. The only benefit of the paid plan is the support email?

@paulwvnjohi Well it would depend which of the paid plans you go for. If you mean the Launch Plan, then yes, the only additional feature listed is access to email support (compared to community support here). However the larger paid plans include more (priority, SLA, SOC2 and so on). Take a look at Plan Pricing · Fly

1 Like