Howdy! We’re working on something that might matter to you. Now’s your chance to give us feedback.
Fly services have always been billed on usage. The more you use, the more you pay. And if you don’t use much, you don’t pay anything.
There are a few guiding principles behind this:
- We want lots of people to use us.
- We want most small projects to be as close to free as possible.
- Pricing should be transparent and predictable for all projects, including larger ones.
- We don’t want to make money on bandwidth
The problem with only billing on usage is that if you use more, you probably want more things from the platform. Increased limits on things like Docker image sizes and proxy timeouts become more important. And as you use more platform features, you also may need help that is more specific to your organization. This might include email support, response time guarantees, or a BAA for HIPAA compliance.
We want to do these things! So we’re about to launch Fly Plus and Fly Premium plans.
Here’s what we’re thinking:
- For customers who need higher limits for features like proxy timeouts, docker image sizes, and builder concurrency. Also includes email support.
- Cost: $99/month, added to monthly usage billing
- For customers who need even higher platform limits and more targeted support. Fly Premium will include email support with an org-specific 911 address for emergencies and response time guarantees.
- Cost: $499/month, added to monthly usage billing
|Monthly price (in addition to monthly usage)||$0||$99||$499|
|Increased platform limits (e.g., proxy timeouts, Docker image size, limit depends on tier)||x||x|
|Support Response times||24h||2h|
|Dedicated 911 email for emergencies||x|
Do these plans sound useful? Are there other things you want that we can charge you for? Should we give them clever names like “Fly Solo” and “Fly Commercial”?