Your account has been marked as high risk.

Hi,

I just created a new account and when I run “fly launch”, it sends me a message saying:

“Your account has been marked as high risk.”

High risk of what? I know its Friday… is there a risk of me getting drunk?

Already sent an email to support but got an wonderful response to use the forum… so we go around and around.

Is there any chance that I can get drunk but not high risk?..

Thanks

Might be because you created a new account and tried deploying a large number of resources? They might have systems in place to prevent abuse, especially since the crypto community is running amok right now.

1 Like

This can happen for a lot of reasons. We have a bunch of checks in place to prevent abuse. There are more false positives than we’d like, we’re working to get rid of those. For now, if you hit this case please email support@fly.io.

1 Like

@kurt I’m in this same situation, my account has been flagged as high risk.

I have sent an email to support@fly.io, for the following response:

This is an unmonitored support mailbox. We offer two kinds of technical support, etc…

I’ve also reached out to billing@fly.io, no response either.

I’ve since updated my CC’s billing information in your Stripe’s subscription dashboard. My CC is still being rejected by Stripe’s 3d secure authorization process.

I’ve called my bank and verified that there is no rejection from their end. I’ve contacted Stripe and they couldn’t do anything for me either.

What’s the best course of action here?

@kurt it’s been 7 days and I no one from support has reached out to me. Is there any recourse here?

Hi there! I apologize for a delayed response, but I have just sent you an email, as this has to do with account details.

1 Like

@kanark see above (if you haven’t already).

@zee @ignoramous thank you, will try reaching out to Stripe.

1 Like

Hello. I am also getting this high risk banner on my account, but I have had an account for almost a year! Also trying to authenticate with 2 different major credit cards seems to fail in removing the banner, even though I can see the successful pending transactions on both cards.

@zee @kurt
I’m also stuck with an account that is deemed high risk. I only have a debit card to my name and do not have access to a credit card. I’ve purchased 25 credits as mentioned in the help. I wrote to billing@fly.io but have not heard back. Can you help me unblock my account?