migrate-to-v2 suspended my application, failed to migrate and I cannot resume

Hi,

The migration process to v2 for my application failed with “Connection reset by peer” (no idea why) and during the rollback phase there was another nondescript error which has left my application in a suspended state that I cannot resume.

❯ fly resume diana-backend-prod                 
Warning: this command is deprecated. Only use it if you have a previously suspended app. Use 'fly scale count 0' if you need to stop an app temporarily.
Error: failed resuming diana-backend-prod: Invalid VM group: 

❯ fly resume diana-backend-prod --group web
Usage:
  flyctl resume <APPNAME> [flags]

Flags:
  -h, --help   help for resume

Global Flags:
  -t, --access-token string   Fly API Access Token
      --verbose               verbose output

Error: unknown flag: --group

Further commands to migrate the application fail:

❯ fly migrate-to-v2 --app diana-backend-prod
Error: You hit a Fly API error with request ID: 01GYR2YDGSR0GFZM5ETJYFFSAB-syd

Unfortunately my application is now offline and I cannot figure out how to bring it back. Any help would be appreciated.

$ fly scale count web=1 --app diana-backend-prod seems to be the way to bring it back.

Migration command still fails.

Turns out my fix only half fixed the problem. The application is still marked as “suspended” but it is receiving traffic… I’d like to get this resolved in case internally it causes future issues.

Sorry we missed this message. Your app has been restored to the deployed state. It sounds like the migration hit a network error. Would you like to try it again?

I’ll have another go later. I’m not having a lot of luck upgrading… I’ve been email with support.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.