`fly pg create` + iad region -> "An unknown error occured."

fly postgres create is consistently failing for me when deploying to the iad region.

I’ve been able to now successfully deploy to a separate region but it would be helpful to understand why that might have been happening as I had tried many other changes (app_name, organization, configuration, etc.).

Is there a way we can see health or something for a region before deploying?

DEBUG <-- 200 https://api.fly.io/graphql (33.97ms) {"data":{"platform":{"requestRegion":"iad","regions":[{"name":"Amsterdam, Netherlands","code":"ams","gatewayAvailable":true},{
"name":"Paris, France","code":"cdg","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Dallas, Texas (US)","code":"dfw","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Secaucus, NJ (US)","code":"ewr","gateway
Available":false},{"name":"Frankfurt, Germany","code":"fra","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"São Paulo","code":"gru","gatewayAvailable":false},{"name":"Hong Kong","code":"hkg",
"gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Ashburn, Virginia (US)","code":"iad","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Los Angeles, California (US)","code":"lax","gatewayAvailable":true},{"na
me":"London, United Kingdom","code":"lhr","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Chennai (Madras), India","code":"maa","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Madrid, Spain","code":"mad","
gatewayAvailable":false},{"name":"Miami, Florida (US)","code":"mia","gatewayAvailable":false},{"name":"Tokyo, Japan","code":"nrt","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Chicago, Illi
nois (US)","code":"ord","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Santiago, Chile","code":"scl","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Seattle, Washington (US)","code":"sea","gatewayAvailabl
e":true},{"name":"Singapore","code":"sin","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Sunnyvale, California (US)","code":"sjc","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Sydney, Australia","code":
"syd","gatewayAvailable":true},{"name":"Toronto, Canada","code":"yyz","gatewayAvailable":true}]}}} 

It does seem like the debug data has some sense of gateway availability but it seems to signal that iad is fine.

One of our volume arrays in IAD was having issues provisioning new volumes. We just removed it from the pool, you should be good to provision a postgres there while we get it fixed up. Sorry about that!

Gotcha, thanks. I just found the status page and will keep an eye on it. Good luck with your fixes!

1 Like

For folks who come here looking for the status page, by some chance :slight_smile: - https://status.flyio.net/

1 Like