Coming soon: paid plans and support, oh my

I am not quite sure the egress charges on this, and I guess it’s not that clear to me vs the usage model.

Hi - The billing starts once you choose a paid plan. If you choose a Pro plan, then any usage up to $99 is included and you’re only charged if you end up using > $99 of usage.

Hi @SebastianSzturo - Ah, that might be an edge case! We’re looking at it and will follow up with you in email.

Hi @developthethings - Can you say more about what you mean by egress charges vs usage model? Happy to try to clarify!

Hi - The billing starts once you choose a paid plan. If you choose a Pro plan, then any usage up to $99 is included and you’re only charged if you end up using > $99 of usage.

So during a month, the billing starts immediately, and you don’t get the free allowances beforehand?

e.g. the free allowances say you get 3GB of persistent storage, and if I provision 6GB do I only get billed for the 3GB after the free allowance or does the full 6GB get billed and taken from the $99 credit?

@iamliamnorton ah! The free tiers still apply, we only start using your credits when you go beyond them.

1 Like

Hi I mean the usage charges, egress, transit out of the container. The biggest issue with cloud providers now and maybe for the last 10 years has been the egress out, would love to know if these new plans include this or what the new charges for this are.

Something like maxihost charge $0.00064 per GB after 20,000GB or 20TB!

There’s a trade off between orchestration and bandwidth now, the prices for egress have definitely started to plummet at the L1 network layer.

Would be good to know if you’re still charging $0.02GB and $0.04GB for Asia or if that’s going up or down? Thanks!

Got it. The usage pricing, including bandwidth, is the same for everyone. What the plans do is include usage up to a certain amount per plan. A $99 plan includes $99 worth of usage, and it’s calculated as shown on the pricing page.

We don’t have plans to offer different usage pricing based on plan tier. But we’re not really interested in making money from bandwidth pricing generally, so it’s something we’ll keep looking at.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. It makes sense.

You are correct, everyone hates egress costs, the lower they become or if they just go away and let people build would be great. Obviously some people us 1PB and others 1GB so I can understand some pricing needs to be set.

1 Like

You all might like to know, we used your comments to help build better paid plans. Announcing: Plans for email support and compliance requirements

1 Like