Billing: get an invoice a day or two *before* money is collected?

Hi!

I pay for Fly’s services from an account separate to my main personal account, to more easily keep things isolated and traceable. This account doesn’t receive any funds, and I need to transfer an amount to it each month to pay Fly’s invoice.

Unfortunately I don’t know how much that amount is until I get an invoice at the point when the transaction fails. Then I have to transfer the money into the account, and manually pay the invoice.

It would be great if I could get an invoice before the money is taken, say 48hrs, so I have time to transfer the cash into the account ready for Stripe to claim it. I don’t think this is something I can change from my side.

1 Like

That makes sense. But just to jump in for another perspective on this: personally I like the current approach. If the invoice is separated from the payment, there could be foreign currency fluctuations which complicates accounting.

So for team Fly: if you do decide to implement this, please make it optional. Thanks!

I don’t think Stripe actually supports this, but I’ll look!

For what it’s worth, you don’t have to manually pay the invoice. It retries failed payments after a couple of days. So if you just ignore it it’s almost doing what you want!