Billing to customers in India may fail

India has outlawed storing credit / debit cards, so if Fly always stores / tokenizes first and then charges cards, all transactions for customers from India will fail.

If it’s possible to switch payments to Stripe Checkout or something, it’ll become possible to pay for each invoice one by one. Or enabling a Stripe Checkout page to load up the account with $50 or $100 at a time (without storing the card) should help.

Please don’t stop service to IN customers, though :frowning: until this is all sorted out.

We’ve been watching this, the good news is we already have a prepaid credits system. The bad news is, we’re going to have to disable post paid services for IN credit cards.

we’re going to have to disable post paid services for IN credit cards.

That’s not actually bad news to most people here, we’re all expecting it.

It’s bad news because it really limits the free services people with IN cards can use on Fly. I don’t love that!

Also Heroku is bombing hard on this, doesn’t look like they’re working on it. Was gonna wait till Fly Postgres came out of beta before moving all my Heroku apps over, but it looks like they’re literally refusing to take my money, multiple production apps will probably get taken off soon if I don’t move.