I have been using Heroku for many years (>10 by my count).
There have been several problems with it recently (GitHub access token breach, no more free tier, DDoS attacks…etc…).
I used the tool to migrate from Heroku to Fly.io, which was great and got me up and running on here in no time!
However, there are several features that are missing that I would want before I fully take the plunge. I would like to share them to help the team
- Being able to roll back deploys in the UI. This feature was a must for our whole team to easily roll things back extremely quickly if anything goes wrong.
- Being able to see and edit secrets in the UI. This is a real pain to do over the command line compared to just changing it in the UI of the site (yes it’s less secure etc…)
- Being able to clearly see the deploy configuration from my application without me having to rebuild it manually (I am trying to get CircleCI to deploy to flyio and it looks like I need to create a
fly.tomlbut I’m just guessing here, whereas there is no doubt a config file somewhere that I can’t see from my dashboard!
- CircleCI Orb for easy deployments or at least a fully working example somewhere! (this probably exists but I have not found it!)
- Also my build times seem to be taking quite a long time and I have no idea why! (i.e. 10 minutes on flyio as opposed to 6 on Heroku)
What other alternatives do I have to Heroku that might solve these problems better?