New flyctl version breaks deploy run

I was using a previous version of flyctl (unavailable to me now) and I saw the update message on my most recent deploy. I decided to update and continue my deployment, but it resulted in:

==> Verifying app config
--> Verified app config
==> Building image     
==> Creating build context
--> Creating build context done
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: could not create tempfile: open /tmp\fly-build-context595533735: The system cannot find the path specified.

With the ones with double (=), contrary to single (-), are in green and others in white.
I deleted flyctl and reinstalled- to no avail. I get the same error message. The number after context is random each time. I tried deleting .fly and it also did not help.

I’m running on Windows 10 and my flyctl version returns:

flyctl.exe v0.0.309 windows/amd64 Commit: 7f90ae3 BuildDate: 2022-03-28T10:46:32Z

I also tried a brand new project and it still did not work. Both projects are based on Remix.js, but I don’t even think it’s getting to any point where that matters (but better said than not said).

What could be my next steps? Is there older versions of flyctl online maybe? I tried adding a “tmp” folder in .fly and in .fly/bin, but it also did not work.

Thank you ahead of time for any assistance!

Can you see if it happens with the previous version?

If you used the installer script in PowerShell, you can get it like this:

$v="0.0.308"; iwr https://fly.io/install.ps1 -useb | iex

With the previous version, it continues deployment and succeeded actually.

Thank you for the help-- I don’t know how the new version broke it unfortunately though :confused:

Same problem here after updating to latest fly version v0.0.309 on windows 11

PS C:\dev\mg> fly deploy
==> Verifying app config
--> Verified app config
==> Building image
==> Creating build context
--> Creating build context done
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: could not create tempfile: open /tmp\fly-build-context483282892: The system cannot find the path specified.

Does flyctl have integration tests to check if these releases go through the entire app create/deploy/delete cycle without issues?

Same problem after the upgrade on Windows 10

This change that caused this was reverted and released in v.0.0.310. Thanks for the heads up!