Deploys stopped working (secret not found)

Today deploys stopped working with the following error:

Error: failed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: failed to solve: secret SOME_SECRET not found: not found

I’m deploying via the command line:

fly deploy --build-secret SOME_SECRET=soome_value

fly v0.1.62 darwin/arm64 Commit: b9c009ac92615b06871889db577a13f6c4dbf628-dirty BuildDate: 2023-07-20T00:30:26Z

Any thoughts? Thanks! :slight_smile:

EDITS:

• I tried running fly deploy with --local-only and also fails with the same error (had to update to v0.1.63 because it was failing with another error in v0.1.62)
  • The secrets handling in my Dockerfile seems to be correct, since running docker build --secret id=SOME_SECRET,src=secret_file.txt . works.

Sorry for the inconvenience. This would be flyctl’s regression. Let me take a look.

Also it is scary to see -dirty on your version information. Is it from Homebrew?

Downgrading to v0.1.58 should unblock you.

No problem! Thank you.

Yes, not sure what that means ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ but if it scary to you, I think I should use the flyctl from https://fly.io/install.sh
EDIT: After a quick look at the flyctl source code, it seems that the source files used to build the binary don’t match the commit… is that expected from a homebrew build? I’m kind of worried now…

That worked! :slight_smile: Thanks

For future readers: v0.1.64 fixed this.

1 Like

Yes. Sorry I didn’t update this thread. I’ve been working on the feature below and v0.1.64 is the version without any known issues (so far :crossed_fingers:).