We just shipped a new improved dashboard page. You can visit it here: Sign In · Fly
For this page, we wanted to give users a better experience while managing multiple apps so here’s a summary of what happened.
- Our new dashboard is scoped by organizations.
- We added a billing preview on the right side as it was not really easy to find it on the organization overview page.
- Apps are ordered by the latest created or deployed ones first.
- We added filters for status and app name.
- You can quickly go to the search input by pressing ‘/’ (forward slash) on your keyboard.
- Added icons to distinguish some of our special apps, namely: Builders, Livebook and Postgres Cluster.
- You can see the version, latest deployment, total volume size in GB, and VM size directly on the list item.
For now, these are the changes introduced but we do hope we can get feedback from you guys on how we could improve this page even further.
I just signed up to Fly and was confused why the dashboard suddenly changed
Ha, that’s a nice timing to see a feature rollout
This is great! Visually it looks much better and has pretty relevant information available directly in the dashboard.
Thank you for the awesome work.
That looks great! So much better.
Just a nitpick though…
I have only one organization and when clicking the dropdown to change it, there’s a hard to notice empty dropdown list.
Not something that makes a difference at all, especially to my UX, but just wanted to let you track it if you haven’t already.
Thanks for reporting, I’ve missed this. I have many organizations already
After using it for a few hours I think that there’s something quite annoying.
I’m used to click Apps (or the fly logo) to go back to the list of apps:
And it always goes to the personal account:
Which is quite annoying.
I suggest making the organization clickable, this would allow the user to jump to
The first piece of information I felt was missing: # of instances running and in which regions for each app. Maybe total instances and # of instances per region?
All the other aspects of this are great!
Thanks for the feedback! We have that on our minds but there’s something new coming up that would make this work differently so we are waiting on it for now.