fly.io deploying issue

I am currently deploy my React Next.js project to the fly.io but not working properly.

Lots of issues continuously occuring. Please help me.

Hi @timeworn can you share some logs about those issues?

My ubuntu PC was just broken, so I installed the new clean ubuntu system. So can’t share that issue exactly. And I am a newbie in this field. So if you are available, could you please help me to deploy the project to the fly.io?

Yeah we can help. When you try that again can you share what you’re doing and what are the errors that are happening?

thanks for letting us know-- always frustrating to have to wrestle your OS while troubleshooting something else.

we do have some docs on troubleshooting failed deployments that might come in handy as you start troubleshooting your logs:

additionally, searching flyctl’s repo on github can sometimes help demystify the error message you hit

2 Likes

I tried to deploy following the documentation but not working now.

@lubien first of all, I am going to login with token, could you let me know how can I login with token?

You can use env variables for that.

export FLY_API_TOKEN='token here's

That should make flyctl think you’re logged in.

If it’s a deploy token it’s only going to work for that specific app.

If you do me your favor, could you please help me with step by step? Just installed the flyctl on my ubuntu local but getting issue like “flyctl: command not found”. Please let me know the solution for this.

Just installed the fly with “curl -L https://fly.io/install.sh | sh”.

Can you verify if this helps?

Great, Passed.
I am going to login the fly.io. I tried like this.
“flyctl auth token -t --access-token token_string”, am I right? Let me know about this.

fly auth token will show the current token, you may be looking for fly auth login first

(you can use the --interactive flag from the terminal in case opening the default browser is acting up on your new system)

I don’t have the auth credentials at the moment, Just have access token from my client.
Could you please let me know how to login with only token?

Can you try this?

Regarding to the token type, got the string from client like this “FlyV1 fm2_lJPECA…”.
In this case, should I set like this “export FLY_API_TOKEN=‘fm2_…’” or “export FLY_API_TOKEN=‘FlyV1 fm2…’”. Let me know about this. Because I wasn’t logged in yet, so I am asking like this.

The later version

Could you let me know more detail?

Are you busy now? could you please update me now? I mean should I include the string like FlyV1 in the first section of token string?

Yes, please include the FlyV1 bit.

Hello.
I just tried to login with “flyctl auth token -t --access-token token_string”, but if I input “flyctl launch”, redirect me to the auth login page. But I am going to login with token, so if I already loggedin with token, I will be passed without redirecting to the auth login page. Isn’t there any method to launch the flyctl with only token? Let me know about this. Thank you.