Deploys stuck on "Opening encrypted volume"

A similar situation has already been posted here: Stuck on "Opening encrypted volume".

I have a fly machine with a volume mounted, on the volume is a sqlite database. I deployed an update to the machine and since then the machine has been stuck in a “suspended” state. The last log is “Opening encrypted volume”.

I have tried forking the volume and adding a new machine, but i havent been able to start any machines for my app. I would like to not lose the data on the volume.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @wernst, we’re looking into this. I’ll post an update here when we have one.

Thank you! It’s appreciated. I’m hoping my attempts at fixing things didn’t add more chaos.

Hi @wernst—it looks like an update that we rolled out to our fleet of servers today was not fully applied on some of them, which led to some Machine creations and updates failing. We’ve addressed the issue, and our internal metrics have been back to normal for the last half-hour or so.

I believe that Machines that were stuck being created or updated should now be unstuck without any action from you. If not, you can try redeploying, and if all else fails, please let us know.

Thank you for the report, and apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks @MatthewIngwersen we’re up and running again!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.