Deployment Issue on Fly.io Due to Missing AAAA DNS Record

Hello,

I’ve been attempting to deploy a Flask application on Fly.io, but I’ve encountered a stumbling block during the deployment process. The deployment process finishes with an error related to the DNS configuration for my application’s domain. Here’s the specific error message I received:

Checking DNS configuration for xxx.fly.dev
Error: expected 1 AAAA records for xxx.fly.dev., got 0

From what I understand, this error indicates that the deployment process expects to find an AAAA DNS record for xxx.fly.dev, but none was found. This issue is preventing me from successfully deploying my application.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I’m looking for guidance on how to resolve this DNS configuration error. Specifically, I’d like to know:

1. Is there a way to manually configure or verify the AAAA DNS record for my Fly.io application?
  2. Could this be a propagation issue, and if so, how long should I wait before trying to deploy again?
  3. Are there any steps I can take on the Fly.io dashboard or CLI to troubleshoot or fix this DNS issue?

Any advice or insights from those who have faced and resolved similar deployment issues on Fly.io would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

when you run dig AAAA xxxx.fly.dev, do you get any ipv6 address in the response?
and what version of flyctl are you using?

Dedicated ipv6: 2a09:8280:1::2a:f7c3:0

flyctl v0.2.8 darwin/amd64 Commit: 5f7df6e72efd968705e317983b76d5be73897a9a-dirty BuildDate: 2024-02-15T20:52:00Z

Perhaps this was a transient error? Did you try deploying again? can you reach xxxx.fly.dev

same problem here can reach xxx.fly.dev but still got Checking DNS configuration for xxx.fly.dev
Error: expected 1 AAAA records for xxx.fly.dev., got 0

can you try dig AAAA @9.9.9.9 xxx.fly.dev?

Hi @hellofly and @Nina1 - can you try the solution explained here and let us know if it helps?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.