*.fly.dev DNS issue

Isn’t really a huge issue for me because I pointed my main domain to Fly.io IP address and it works just fine.

But for some reason, my app is not available via the fly.dev domain (swetrix-fe.fly.dev).
And when a fly deploy workflow runs on our codebase, it throws some nasty errors like:
Checking DNS configuration for swetrix-fe.fly.dev
Error: expected 1 A records for swetrix-fe.fly.dev., got 0
Error: Process completed with exit code 1.

It fails the workflow, but the app it deployed properly (new code changes are reflected on the main domain pointing to Fly’s IP address).

How do I fix this error?

Hi… Probably you just need to fly ips allocate-v4, to provision an IPv4 address; fly ips list will show existing.

(If you didn’t receive an IPv4 address by default, then you might be in one of the situations that require dedicated IPv4.)

Hope this helps!

@mayailurus I do have a dedicated ipv4, I’m using it right now (as an A record on my main domain) and it seems to work well, it’s just the fly.dev does not work.
I’ll check the networking docs for a fix

Strange… curl -6 swetrix-fe.fly.dev did work whereas fly dig A swetrix-fe.fly.dev was failing, so I assumed you were using only IPv6 over on your custom domain.

Sorry about that!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.