Cannot fetch image from docker hub

When deploying my app I encounter this error:

=> ERROR resolve image config for docker.io/docker/dockerfile:1                                                                      96.3s
------
 > resolve image config for docker.io/docker/dockerfile:1:
------
Error: failed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: failed to solve: failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to solve with frontend gateway.v0: unexpected status code [manifests 1]: 502 Bad Gateway

But I didnt change any thing in dockerfile and all the previous deploy just work perfectly fine.

1 Like

It seems like there is some issues with the builders on fly. To deploy you can try to run flytctl deploy --local-only which will build the image on your system and upload. But Im also having issues with logs and other services so YMMV

1 Like

Same 502

[internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/node:18-alpine
#3 ERROR: unexpected status code [manifests 18-alpine]: 502 Bad Gateway

Did you try the following

Using the --local-only works for me, but it seems like there are issues at the moment, I can’t see the logs from the dashboard

same here for phoenix app. Singapore region

I run your command

flytctl deploy --local-only

==> Building image
Error: failed to fetch an image or build from source: docker is unavailable to build the deployment image

Still cannot fetch the image
Maybe the builder of Fly have issues at the moment ?

Hi folks, we’re investigating this issue now and will post updates to: Fly.io Status - Deployments fail to load metadata from docker.io

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.