What would you like to see on the Status Page?

Hey everyone, as you may know we have a status page at status.fly.io and it’s… honestly not been the strongest point of our platform. But we’re on a push to give it some tender loving care so it can be much more helpful to you all in the event of an outage. So we’d like to know, what would you like to see in a status page? If you’re familiar with Atlassian StatusPage and you have suggestions about what Components and Component Groups would seem sensible to you, we’d love to hear that. If you don’t know StatusPage but want to share a story of a time you suspected an outage and what you would have like to see from us, that’s just as valuable. Status pages are really just a public communication tool, so any feedback we get is helpful for making this tool more concise and easily intelligible. Thank you for you help.

Hi @john-fly ,
I am new to both fly.io and statuspage.io.

I have some suggestions for the status page component which are mentioned below -

1. adding the “Platform and Tools” component group to the top as it is the core service of Fly.

2. moving “Logs” and “Metrics” components to the “Platform and Tools” component group

3. DNS component group in the second position

4. move “Fly Machine Image Registry 1” and “Fly Machine Image Registry 2” from the “Platform and Tools” component group to the new “Fly Registry” component group.

5. organize components of “Regional Availability” continent-wise (for example Asia, Africa, Europe, etc). I think it will be useful in the future as fly.io is increasing its point of presence in different cities.

6 . Moving the Billing component inside the “Platform and Tools” group

For a sample view, I have tried to make a demo status page with the new suggestion which is available at https://demo-fly.statuspage.io/.

Note : I was not able to completely replicate it because of the component limit in the statuspage free plan.

Thanks
MadhuryaDutta

2 Likes

Thank you so much for taking the time to not only put forward these suggestions but make your own mockup!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.