The account has been locked three times.

I bound my credit card on fly.io and was judged as a robot, and my account was locked. After being verified by the credit card payment, my account was finally unlocked. Then, I deployed an application, but found my account was locked again the next morning. After another verification, my account was unlocked again. I deployed a second app, but for the third time, my account was locked again.

I have also been locked again today, after being locked and doing the credit card unlock just a few weeks ago. The unlock flow still had my credit card saved.

By the way, the https://fly.io/high-risk-unlock flow didn’t give me any success page this time and just redirected me to the beginning in a loop, although it looks like it did work.

I’ve been recommending Fly.io to a few members of my community but recently I’ve had reports of folks running into this “high risk” fraud flow and unable to progress. It sounds like a bug or something in whatever fraud detection service is being used, not sure but it’s making it difficult to recommend Fly as a platform for getting started learning web and hosting hobby apps.

Would love to have some advice I can share with folks to avoid this and get their payment methods working on the platform!

Same here. Every time when I needed to redeploy a docker image I was told I was locked again. I think this probably has something to do with the vpn, since I’m using Cloudflare warp a lot, which means frequent change of IP address and higher chance of being marked as bot?

@kk1 @filippo @Southclaws well, that shouldn’t be happening, definitely not intentional. We think we know what’s up and are working on a fix, and I’ll try to fix it for you manually in the meantime.

1 Like

Hi, folks.

We shipped a fix, this should not be happening anymore. Please let us know if you are still facing this issue :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@nina @flyandre thanks for the help, the problem didn’t reappear.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I’ve dropped this update into my community discord and let others I’ve heard this from know about the fix :pray:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.