New payment requirement on additional organizations?

Hi there,

Is there a recent update to Fly billing that charges $5 for the Hobby Plan on additional organizations? (see screenshot below; I don’t remember seeing this in the past)

We are using Fly for deploying student projects in a class I’m teaching and students have (until this point) been creating a new organization per app so that they can keep things organized. I.e., they are not deploying apps to their personal organization. The students usually only have a single thing to deploy so they are able to do this for free, and choose to scale up and pay later if they get more involved with their project / software dev.

Is creating new organizations now going to incur a fee? Meaning the students will need to do everything on their personal organization and not create a new org to avoid the fee early on?

Thanks!

1 Like

Another update here: It looks like some of our students were charged $0.67 when they signed up for the account and entered their credit card. Is this a verification charge that will be cancelled?

Hi,

I’d recommend sending a quick email over to billing@fly.io with these questions. Any user can get assistance with billing via email.

I believe each account gets a $5 (ish) free allowance and yes that initial tiny charge is indeed a verification check which is refunded, but they’ll be able to confirm/correct and advise accordingly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.