Limited to 1 machine (after destruction!) in trial account

When using a trial account, Fly apps are limited to one machine. However, this seems to include destroyed machines. So a trial account with a destroyed machine can’t create new machines. Surely this isn’t intended?

Hey @kot,

For a trial account you can only have one machine per app and since you can have only two apps then you can have a maximum of two machines.

Destroyed machines don’t count towards this. A trial account with a destroyed machine should be able to create a new machine

I don’t seem to be able to create a new machine in an app if there’s one that is destroyed. Probably a bug, are you able to reproduce this?
For example, I have this machine under the app coder-workspaces

When I run fly m run --region lax -a coder-workspaces ubuntu, I get:

Searching for image 'ubuntu' remotely...
image found: img_e1zd4mxx7onv02yw
Image: registry-1.docker.io/library/ubuntu:latest
Image size: 30 MB
Error could not launch machine: failed to launch VM: To create more than 1 machine per app please add a payment method. https://fly.io/dashboard/yukata/billing
1 Like

Thanks for calling this out: we were able to reproduce this with a trial account. I’ll make sure that we look into it as soon as we can :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We’ve identified the bug and you should be able to create your machine without seeing the error message.

Please let us know if you run into any issues.

2 Likes

Hi,
I have been having the same problem when. We are not in trial. We have a maximum peak of 15 machines but currently we only have 8 machines (including the fly-builder-spring-morning-1220 ) and still we are having an error during the deploy via git hub actions.
He is the error:

✖ Failed: error creating a new machine: failed to launch VM: To create more than 20 machines per organization please contact billing@fly.io
Error: error creating a new machine: failed to launch VM: To create more than 20 machines per organization please contact billing@fly.io