Issue deploying first node JS app

I’m having trouble deploying my first fly.io app – apologies if this is a super simple topic, but I’ve been trying and failing to find anything in the docs and forums for a little over an hour.

I’ve got a simple node JS app (a discord bot, basically) that runs fine from my local machine. And I’ve been following the hands-on instructions to get it launched to fly.io.

Every time I go through this process, the deployment step aborts with this comment:

Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: executing lifecycle: open C:\Users\mr_no.fly\fly-agent.sock: The file cannot be accessed by the system.

I’ve tried to get the logs from flyctl logs … but the Powershell window just hangs when I type that in.

Thanks in advance!

If you’ve WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) installed, flyctl apparently works flawlessly there: Bash for Windows Support? WSL? - #2 by rubys

Are you on windows 7? If so, that’s not supported but there may be a workaround: srv failed binding: listen unix C:\Users\User\.fly\fly-agent.sock: socket: An address incompatible with the requested protocol was used. - #2 by kurt

And, yes, I endorse WSL as I’m an active user myself.