Deploy issues on new project

I recently started a remix project but I’m having issues setting this up on fly.

I ran fly launch but this errors

Error error connecting to docker: failed building options: failed probing "personal": context deadline exceeded

I check the builder container but this is just spitting out the same dbug message
level=debug msg="checking docker activity"

When I run fly deploy I get the error
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error connecting to docker: failed building options: failed probing "personal": context deadline exceeded

version flyctl v0.0.374 linux/amd64 Commit: 45fc2047 BuildDate: 2022-08-17T03:24:20Z

I created a project to test fly out the other day but deleted all of that and now I’m just running it with my existing remix repository, though it doesn’t seem to like something.

If you have Docker running locally, you could try using a remote builder to see if that helps? Try fly deploy --remote-only and see if that helps. As by default the Fly CLI will use Docker if it is available locally. Which is usually a good thing. Except when it isn’t.

Thanks!

I did try this already, though, I just tried again having restarted the process removing the apps etc and starting again but still, the same error

sandy@computername:~/projects/app-name$ flyctl deploy --remote-only
==> Verifying app config
→ Verified app config
==> Building image
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error connecting to docker: failed building options: failed probing “personal”: context deadline exceeded

I tried this with fly and flyctl in case that made a difference~

I should note that I’m running this within WSL 2.0

Hmmm I got it to work… it seems that WSL doesn’t like to connect to wireguard for some reason. I installed the cli in windows and pushed outside of wsl!

Interesting. Good you got it working.

I’ve just had a quick look and other people report issues with networking when run using WSL. So that does seem to be the issue.