fly scale count 1 with V2

I had an app with V1.
I paused the app with ‘fly scale count 0’.
I migrated the app with ‘fly migrate-to-v2’.

I’m trying to resume the app back ‘fly scale count 1’, but it fails with error message:

Error: ‘fly scale count’ can’t scale up groups with mounts, use ‘fly machine clone’ to add machines for: app

But I have 0 machines, so I can’t clone it.

`fly status --all’ shows this:

App
Name = power
Owner = personal
Hostname = power.fly.dev
Image = -
Platform = machines

Hi @Env

Did you follow this guide? If you haven’t check it out to see if it works for you.

https://fly.io/docs/apps/migrate-to-v2/#a-note-on-fly-volumes

If that doesn’t work for you you can try the following: Since you currently have 0 machines, you cannot directly clone a machine. In this case, you can try deploying your app again using fly deploy. This will create new machines according to the primary_region and [processes] configured in your fly.toml file.

After deploying your app, you can then use fly machine clone to scale up your app as needed.

1 Like

Hi @francoab

I did follow the automated part. I thought I can reuse the existing image from V1.

Now I did rerun deployment part with DOCKER_BUILDKIT=1 flyctl deploy --local-only.
It failed with error message:

Error: error creating a new machine: failed to launch VM: aborted: could not reserve resource for machine: insufficient CPUs available to fulfill request

I believe it is related to some troubles in WAW region. I will try again later.

Thanks for suggestions!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.