Fly.io has a BROKEN Forgot Password Page!

The Fly.io Forgot Password page is broken.

I literally had to create an entirely new account just to even be able to post here to ask for help.

I cannot reset my password because the password reset page gives the error message “You must be authenticated to view this.”

This is seriously broken and needs to be fixed ASAP.

https://fly.io/app/password_resets

Hi there, apologies for the inconvenience. Our dev team is aware of the issue, and are working to restore the password reset functionality. We will provide an update when the issue has been resolved.

Should be fixed! Let us know if you’re still having issues.

1 Like

Thank you. This is fixed and I was able to login to my actual account.

It is dangerous that all the support channels require a login.

You can always email us for account issues - at your organization’s premium support address if you have one, or billing@fly.io if you do not.

I want report one more account issue. I registered a fly account with github, using email A, but didn’t have a chance to set a password. Due to this, I registered a new account with email B and set a password. I logged in at the command line, using the fly auth login -i command to log in, and entered email B and its password, but when I logged in successfully, running fly auth whoami showed that I was logged in with email A. I tried to use the default browser method to log in to account B, but still I ended up logging in to account A, even though I chose to log in as email B in the browser. This is a bit mind boggling.