Feature request (Add UI button to stop and start apps like Heroku)

Hello,
It would be beneficial to add a button in the UI to start and stop processes or apps.
The use case for this is sometimes I am away from my laptop and some issue happens with my app that requires restarting the app.
There’s a stop button in the machines section of the app already but it doesn’t show the process name, only the machine ID and the machine gets removed once I press stop so it requires a bit of work to be user friendly.
This feature already exists in Heroku and is very handy.
Thanks

If you click on the machine name/ID (both link to the same page), you get some further detail on the machine, including FLY_PROCESS_GROUP. Is that what you meant by “process name”?

This shouldn’t happen. Just to be totally sure - when you click “Stop”, the machine is being destroyed?

Yes

Blockquote
This shouldn’t happen. Just to be totally sure - when you click “Stop”, the machine is being destroyed?

No it’s not destroyed just stopped (maybe scaled to 0?).
I see on desktop the button is still there when I click stop but it disapperas on mobile, it looks like it’s a UI bug on mobile screens.
It would be nice to add theFLY_PROCESS_GROUP in the same table.

Ah this bug actually exists on both desktop and mobile - if you scroll back to status, you’ll see that it’s probably one of stopping or starting (which sort of explains why the button disappears). I’ll have a look at this if I have some time.

Just shipped this.

3 Likes

Thanks, that works

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.