Deployment stuck at "Unpacking image"

The first VM is stuck for the last 6 minutes. What do I do? Prod is offline… :frowning:

I tried to reduce the memory size of the VM to 256MB. This didn’t seem to work. It got tuck in “unpacking image”. so I ran a scale operation again to increase it back to 512 (I thought maybe that was the issue).

Getting this error when trying to SSH into a machine:

We’re looking at this now.

Ok thank you. I’ll stop hitting buttons :slight_smile:

Thank you, we’re back online.

Did I do something wrong? How can I prevent this from happening again?

Sorry about that, one of our hosts got into a bad state and need kick. There isn’t anything you can do to avoid it… This is on our end and we’re making a fix to the alert that missed the issue.

There’s no way for me to kick that host myself? Or something else that I can do when it’s in such a state? I am afraid of the day this happens when there’s no one to help.

Maybe even a button to create a new Fly app, copying the config from the original app. While you were looking at the issue, I actually started creating a new app but this is a pain in the ass with the certificates and the secrets.

I need a fly vm nuke :slight_smile:

There’s a couple of reasons why we probably won’t let people reboot their app instances’ hosts-- a big one is that other apps could be running there too!

Maybe even a button to create a new Fly app, copying the config from the original app. While you were looking at the issue, I actually started creating a new app but this is a pain in the ass with the certificates and the secrets.

That’s definitely worth looking into, thanks for the suggestion :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Understood. Thank you for your swift responses!

1 Like