Is it possible to run Appwrite in a fly VM?
Their docs recommend to install Appwrite using Docker
I’ve tried a few approaches on a shared VM with 1GB:
1.) setting the fly.toml image key to appwrites docker container (image= “appwrite/appwrite”)
Result: Release started but deployment failed
2.) Dockerfile - containing Alpine and docker with exposed port 80 and ran “docker compose up”
Result: failed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: executor failed running [/bin/sh -c docker-compose up]: exit code: 1
3.) Dockerfile with supervisor - same setup as step 2 but included supervisor conf.
Result: App deploys but then Failed due to unhealthy allocations - no stable job version to auto revert to and deploying as v9
- spawned: ‘docker’ with pid 555*
- exited: docker (exit status 1; not expected)*
- INFO gave up: docker entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly*
- running “docker run Appwrite…” will create a traefik, appwrite(UI), Redis, MariaDB, influxdb containers plus some extra usage, workers and telegraf containers
- use separate VMs for Redis and mariaDB
- create separate VM for MariaDB with Galera Cluster
- fly.io already offers Multi region Redis which is pretty straight forward
I’m more of a front-end dev so any detailed info would be appreciated.