Console exiting unexpectedly with code 0

Hi there -

I’m trying to build an ImmuDB instance on Fly.io. I’ve got it up and running and can successfully access it via the web admin page and can run queries against it. I’m having one issue that puzzles me, however, which is that it doesn’t seem to be saving its data in the attached volume (or, at any rate, the data disappears when I redeploy.)

To troubleshoot, I am trying to log into my instance. When I try to use ‘fly console’ I get the following: Created an ephemeral machine 080e4d4c610408 to run the console. Error: machine exited unexpectedly with code 0.

I’m build the machine from a public Docker image. I don’t know enough about how these are deployed on Fly infrastructure to know how this differs from when I’m deploying my own app, but does anyone have any tips for why the error 0 could be happening?

Thanks!

Hi… You actually want fly ssh console (with ssh in the middle there) when contacting an existing machine.

The other variant constructs an ephemeral (i.e., temporary/disposable) one, and that won’t have access to the volume.

(The ephemeral kind are mainly intended for Rails apps to run their migrations against a remote database, and the like.)

Hope this helps a little!

Added databases, machines

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.