Remote builds Broken?

Are remote builds broken? I changed little in my rails app that was working fine and it no longer works when I run deploy via fly deploy --remote-only, here’s that output:

==> Verifying app config
--> Verified app config
==> Building image
WARN Remote builder did not start in time. Check remote builder logs with `flyctl logs -a fly-builder-quiet-moon-8000`
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error connecting to docker: remote builder app unavailable

And here are the logs, nothing useful:

2022-09-05T07:42:54Z app[73d8d3d4a0e989] dfw [warn]Virtual machine exited abruptly
2022-09-05T07:42:55Z runner[73d8d3d4a0e989] dfw [info]machine exited with exit code 0, not restarting

Any ideas?

Working now. Fly seems a bit buggy in quite a few areas (this is only one of two ways that my deploys randomly fail.)

Something similar is also happening to me, even right now. I posted something in this thread but never got a response.
Fly deploy failing executing release command - Questions / Help - Fly.io

Produced the error but the GitHub action is never terminated. How can I fix this? This is dangerous for minute co nsumption, I can no longer deploy quietly for this reason, similar things have happened to me that I commented in the other thread. Thanks

I myself had to stop it manually so as not to take up minutes indefinitely.

Now I have this error, just in the step where a build-secret is needed

Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: no active session for x2t3gryb41tj82pm8mz9mxjko: context deadline exceeded

Hope you got your builds to work. Mine were working for a while but are failing again. Pretty painful when you can’t deploy code due to random errors - seems fly.io is maybe good for toy projects but not production ready quite yet. And no support hurts. Off to research other heroku alternatives.