Certificate hasn't auto-renewed and will expire in 11 days

My monitoring service told me that my app’s certificate will expire in 11 days.

The app has been up for ~5 months, and was re-deployed once ~2 months ago. Other than that, I haven’t touched it.

This is the first time I’ve gotten this kind of warning.

In terms of DNS I have a CNAME pointing to the app’s fully qualified domain name on Fly. That was enough to get the certificate issued initially, but maybe something has changed?

I can try to manually force the creation of a new certificate, but of course I’d rather that It Just Work.

So: is the problem with my config or is there a problem with Fly?

Well, somehow my poking around renewed the certificate.

That wasn’t actually my intention; I was just trying to understand what was going on.

I did click the “Check again” button at the bottom of the Certificates page in the dashboard. Maybe that forced a renewal? Hmmm. Don’t know!

The new certificate will expire at the end of Jan, so I guess I’ll find out in Jan if this was just a one-time blip…

P.S. I tracked down the DNS/Certificate docs here; as far as I can tell I am configured correctly.

I’m glad you got your certificate renewed. There was a bug in our automatic renewal, I’ve just fixed it.

That’s correct! That triggers a manual check that doesn’t go through the same code paths internally.