Can't move DB app to organization

I’ve moved an app from personal to another organization successfully, but the db instance is giving me an error when trying to move:

± fly move app-name-1234-db -o org-name --verbose -y
INFO app "app-name-1234-db" is currently in organization "personal"
Oops, something went wrong! Could you try that again?

Do I need to do something else? Thanks!

2 Likes

Are you executing the command as a user that belongs to the organization you’re moving the app to? If not then I suspect it’ll throw a generic error.

I am. I own the new organization as well.

1 Like

Well that’s strange, I can’t see anything wrong with what you’re attempting to do; I’ve tested the same thing for myself and it works fine. Out of interest, if you create a new app and move that does it work or is it only happening to this app?

I also have the exact same issue, when trying to move a Postgres database between orgs

Same here, I can move the app, but can’t move the postgres-database.

I have the same issue also. Also it worked before.
I made a test Postgres DB on my personal account then successfully moved it to an organisation.
I realised I had test in the name, so I backed up and deleted the app / DB from the organisation.
I made a new Postgres DB from my personal account again and restored the old DB, got it an IP address and open port.
Then when I try to move it:

flyctl move "project-db" -o project -y --verbose
INFO app "project-db" is currently in organization "personal"
Oops, something went wrong! Could you try that again?

Does waiting help?

Interestingly visiting https://fly.io/dashboard/project/usage/volume causes `Error 500 Whoa, something’s up…"

It’s a really pretty 500 error status page though!