Can't create app

When I run fly launch and try to create a new app, I get an error saying:

Launching...⣻ Error failed creating the Postgres cluster aged-water-4355-db: App count limit reached. To create another app for a Postgres cluster add a payment method or delete a app. https://fly.io/dashboard/<username>/billing

Yet, when I take a look at dashboard, it’s empty (or was before this command created the app in the list):

This happens to me constantly. I have spend day or two in a loop where I try to run fly launch and get that error message and then I remove the newly created app from dashboard just to get the same error again. No waiting for a day for data to sync has helped or anything. I think this is a bug in the system.

I checked your account and I found one app that was deployed named mun-rails-tehtava that was created at Tue, 18 Oct 2022 18:13:37.413410000 UTC +00:00. I’m not sure why it’s not showing up on your dashboard, that is odd. Does anything show up when you run flyctl apps list?

As for the error you’re seeing with pg, I imagine it might have to do with an internal requirement of a valid payment method on accounts to prevent/detect fraud and abuse. The system may be bumping up against this and not surfacing the correct error message. Alternatively, there’s a chance that the system isn’t noticing that the initial cluster you created mun-rails-tehtava-db was deleted. I checked the system and I can’t seem to find this pg cluster lingering so this seems unlikely. In either case, I’ll try to keep digging to see if anything comes up.

Meanwhile, can you share with me your dockerfile and fly.toml file? I want to make sure there isn’t a build related issues that could be blocking launch.

I checked your account and I found one app that was deployed named mun-rails-tehtava that was created at Tue, 18 Oct 2022 18:13:37.413410000 UTC +00:00. I’m not sure why it’s not showing up on your dashboard, that is odd. Does anything show up when you run flyctl apps list?

It was my first attempt to create an app but gave some error about not being able to connect to postgres instance. Quite soon I realized I have no clue how to fix it, so I just deleted the app to try starting from frest resulting in current problem.

flyctl apps list seems to find the app mentioned.
kuva

Meanwhile, can you share with me your dockerfile and fly.toml file? I want to make sure there isn’t a build related issues that could be blocking launch.

I can’t since I’ve always deleted them after the creation of the app has failed.

Gotcha. One thing that may be helpful in the future when running into related connection issues is to create a new volume and attach it to an app by running this fly postgres attach --app my-app --postgres-app my-app-db.

My next guess for your issue is that the app still has a reference to a lingering volume instance that’s not fully destroyed. Destroying the app and creating a new one should remove any associated volumes, so try running fly apps destroy mun-rails-tehtava and starting again?

I am sorry, I already deleted ~/.fly so I can’t run that command. I created my own dockerfile and docker-compose-file with postgres and I am now running it on a virtual machine using docker-compose.

But thank you for quick help with the issue!