Blue green deployment stuck

Hello, not sure why.

But my deployment has been stuck like this for a while. I was trying a bluegreen deployment btw

what’s the other information I provide to help debug this issue?

Hi @muhajirdev,

We just had a server crash in the sin region, and it needed to be manually rebooted. It’s back up and running now so any stuck deployments should be all cleared up, but please let me know if you’re still seeing any further issues.

thanks @wjordan

Hi @wjordan what kind of server crashed that took down deployments? Is there a way to auto-subscribe to events in a region like this? I’m subscribed on status.flyio.net but didn’t see a notification for this. I ask because I did get one for iad a couple days ago.

Hi @mwills, the server was an application host, it encountered a kernel bug that caused it to lock up and become unresponsive until it was manually rebooted. Deployments in the region were not affected in general, but any deployments for apps with mounted volumes created on that particular host (which was the case here) would have been stuck until the reboot was completed, since a volume binds an app-instance to a specific server.

To set expectations, we don’t auto-create a status-page incident every time any individual server fails a health check or needs a reboot, it’s a manual process with some human judgement / discretion involved (so we don’t overwhelm our status page with incident noise). In general, the greater the impact of an issue and the longer amount of time before it’s resolved, the more likely we’ll post an incident and provide updates.

We have some ideas on delivering targeted status updates for smaller-impact issues affecting specific resources, but for now we’re doing our best to be responsive to customers in the community forum and email support when they encounter related issues.

1 Like

I appreciate the response and the discretion.

Interestingly enough, I have a NATS super cluster which just cut a release a few minutes ago. I don’t know why. Is there a way to find out what caused it?