Bandwidth Alliance and Fly.io GPUs

Currently, Cloudflare has a project called Bandwidth Alliance, which is part of the PNI project. This saving me from the nightmare of outrageous, unreasonable network pay-as-you-go for many projects.

Anyway! With the release of the Fly.io GPUs, I think it will be much more reasonable to distribute video from Cloudflare’s network to the Internet rather than from Fly.io.

Detailed use case description:

Imagine a simple AI video generation application.

I’m trying to streamline pay-as-you-go for the network with 3 applications here.

1. API server app (CNAME)
  2. Fly.io GPUs app for video generating and/or encoding (No Public IPs)
  3. Video distribution app (“Proxied” by Cloudflare)

App 1 works well with Remix or Next.js, and App 2 generates videos based on user requests. The video will be distributed to the Internet from App 3 over Cloudflare network.

In other words, this allows App 1 to use Fly.io as-is without adding extra hops to interact with the user. App 2 should not be exposed to the Internet, so it stays in the private network. App 3 distributes video to the Internet over Cloudflare.

What do you think about this? The Fly.io team seems knowledgeable about the network stack, and working with Cloudflare might not be difficult.

Acronyms

• PNI: Private Network Interconnect
  • GPU: Graphics Processing Unit
  • AI: Artificial Intelligence
  • CNAME: Canonical NAME

@nina You are probably interested in this.
P.S. I will reply to the email you sent me in just a few minutes!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.