App not loading on phone but loading on PC

Hi

I am using Fly to run the Actual budget program.

It was working fine, both on my laptop and my phone

This morning, it will only load in my laptop, on my phone it gives me a server error. My phone is working as normal and I am able to get online and no issues with any browsers, I also tried Actual in other browsers, same issue.

I am not a techie person so not sure where to look for the issue, had anybody any suggestions.

Thanks

Martin

Hi there!

I’ve seen this before when a friend of mine had an app with only IPv6 and no IPv4, some of his devices couldn’t find his app. Can you verify your app has a shared/dedicated IPv4?

If that’s not the case, try to spot errors from your logs using fly logs -a APP_NAME. If its an internal server error it could be an issue with Actual Budget.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I’m not very technical so I hope what I am saying is correct :wink:

The IP address has as a V6 next to it along with a release button.

I was charged something recently because of recent charges as mine was not shared

Is there an easy way to change the app to a shared V4 via a command line.

Many thanks

Martin

fly ips allocate-v4 --shared -a APP_NAME is the way to go!

Brilliant, thanks, will give that a go

Martin

Thanks so much, that has solved and it working again on my phone, thank you so much.

It now has the shared V4 and the V6, do I just leave it like that, or release the V6.

Thanks

Martin

1 Like

Feel free to leave it at that. In the future we hope that only IPv6 will be enough but for now shared IPv4 and dedicated IPv6 will do the trick with no charges.

Thats great, thank for all the help and making easy to put right.

Martin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.