Unable to deploy - Strange errors

I’m getting the following error when I try to deploy. Any help would be very much appreciated.

% fly deploy
==> Verifying app config
--> Verified app config
==> Building image
Remote builder [redacted] ready
==> Creating build context
--> Creating build context done
==> Building image with Docker
--> docker host: 20.10.12 linux x86_64
[+] Building 0.0s (0/1)
[+] Building 30.0s (4/4) FINISHED
 => CACHED [internal] load remote build context                                 0.0s
 => CACHED copy /context /                                                      0.0s
 => ERROR [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/debian:bullseye-2021  30.0s
 => CANCELED [internal] load metadata for docker.io/hexpm/elixir:1.13.3-erlan  30.0s
------
 > [internal] load metadata for docker.io/library/debian:bullseye-20210902-slim:
------
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: failed to do request: Head "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/library/debian/manifests/bullseye-20210902-slim": dial tcp 34.196.250.152:443: i/o timeout

I’m getting the following output when I run fly doctor:

% fly doctor
TEST          	STATUS                                                               
Agent         	PASS                                                                                                                             	
Docker (local)	failed pinging docker instance: Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?	
Probe (app)   	PASS                                                                                                                             	
Token         	PASS                                                                                                                             	
Unix socket   	PASS  

I’ve managed to get past this by destroying the builder and redeploying