Unable to deploy: app repository not found

Trying to deploy and getting an error:

Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error rendering push status stream: name unknown: app repository not found

The app (elements-web-dev) has already been deployed multiple times, any idea what could be causing this?

Got it working, and I think it’s a bug with the cli tool.

fly version yields fly v0.0.276 darwin/arm64 Commit: 0e35938 BuildDate: 2022-01-01T17:54:59Z.

I am using multiple different accounts, each with organization access. This is how I think you reproduce:

1. Sign into account 1 with access to org 1. ('fly auth login`)
  2. Sign into account 2 with access to org 2. (fly auth login)

I noticed that in ~/.fly, after step 2, the ~/.fly/config.yml file had state in it from the first account. It seems that fly auth login isn’t updating pre-existing state on re-auth.

To fix I just nuked ~/.fly and re-authed again.

1 Like

Are you able to see the app with flyctl status?

Oh good catch. Would can you file an issue here Issues · superfly/flyctl · GitHub?

Yup, will do

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m a bit late to this party but I am hitting this now with a remix app. Both my customized remix app but also the default remix app are both having trouble.

The default app reports

Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error rendering push status stream: name unknown: app repository not found

The custom app bails with a segfault when starting the server, but it does deploy, so that’s a different issue but I’ll need to track down the default app issue first. Anything I can do to help? Unfortunately LOG_LEVEL=debug doesn’t yield anything additional.

And dropping my node image from node18-bullseye to node16.15 and it deployed…! Will test. So it’s just the other app that’s having the issue.

I got this error because I was logged in with the wrong account. :man_facepalming:
flyctl auth logout and flyctl auth login was all I needed.

1 Like