Set/get outgoing IP address for whitelisting on external APIs/Hosts

I have the same use case - needing to add specific IPs to an allow list to access a DB that’s hosted elsewhere. It’s a wild setup, for sure, but I can’t use Fly.io’s own DB. At the moment I have to use a SOCKS5 proxy. And also +1 with Carter - I’d pay for this as well.

1 Like

Hi, adding my request to this conversation as well. I have a service that requires me to register the IP address my API requests will originate from for their allowlist. At the moment I’m running a small AWS EC2 instance on a static IP address just to process the API and then forward the results to my Fly Apps. It would be great to have a static outgoing IP address binding for some processes.

1 Like

“I didn’t just say it, I declared it”
-Michael Scott

But actually, I dont know of any more formal way to request this than here. Still would love to pay for this. Big bucks. Entire dollars even.

1 Like

+1 on wanting this feature as well.

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Prev discussions:

1. Outbound IP Address - #8 by kurt
  2. Request: Fly IP ranges - #5 by jerome
  3. Release IP address - #5 by jsierles
1 Like

+1

1 Like

Chiming in after giving fly.io a test drive. Like others, would love it if I had access to outbound IPs. That’s probably the only thing stopping me from using fly more regularly. Otherwise pretty great to use

2 Likes

Unfortunately there were no replies in the mentioned discussion for new requests :frowning: . Would love to get this feature too.

1 Like

I’ve been stuck on this as well. I tried the option suggested here but can’t still get that proxy to work.

1 Like

I need that feature too, to be whitelisted on the payment service Bridge, has anyone managed to get around this problem?

1 Like

Are there any updates related to this?

1 Like

+1 This would be really useful for whilelisting an app in MongoDB Atlas

1 Like

+1 - this would be most useful for me, as I need managed Postgres for our app, and I have to go outside fly.io for that.

1 Like

+1 Also need this feature.

And only after allocating an dedicated ipv4 address, i just found it only affect the incoming traffic.

1 Like

+1

We also need the same feature. We will have to look somewhere else until this is available.

1 Like

+1 in case this thread gets a response. We need a whitelist-able static egress IP for a Redshift connection.

1 Like

+1
I also just discovered that the dedicated IP is only an inbound IP. This outbound IP is something I really need for security purposes. I can not use fly until this is feature is added

1 Like

+1

+1 , Where do we stand with this feature?