[Resolved] Deployments failing with 504 error from remote docker

I’ve been trying to deploy an update to my app, but to no avail. It seems I am unable to connect to wireguard, and nothing seems to work, including running wg reset.

Running deploy yields this:

==> Verifying app config
--> Verified app config
==> Building image
WARN Failed to start remote builder heartbeat: failed building options: failed probing "personal": context deadline exceeded
Error failed to fetch an image or build from source: error connecting to docker: server returned a non-200 status code: 504

Doctor reports as follows:

Testing authentication token... PASSED
Testing flyctl agent... PASSED
Testing local Docker instance... PASSED
Pinging WireGuard gateway (give us a sec)... FAILED
(Error: ping gateway: no response from gateway received)

We can't establish connectivity with WireGuard for your personal organization.

I’m also unable to build with local Docker as the image requires dependencies that cannot be installed on Apple M1 (I’m not enough of a fundi to get around it and would rather the remote builder [fly-builder-quiet-thunder-4289 at the moment] just worked).

Are there any known issues? Noticed on status.fly.io that there was a vault cluster issue, but not sure if that’s the cause – besides, it’s been resolved. I now see an issue in the JNB region, however my app is running in AMS.

You said this is working now, did anything change? That looks like something interfering with your wireguard connection.

Nothing changed on my end, other than the fact that I uninstalled the brew release of flyctl and used the manual one (which I wanted to do anyway). I am however based in SA, and realised that the JNB issue could actually have been the cause if it had anything to do with the wireguard connection.