New blog: Deploying Django Rest Framework on Fly

Hey all,

I am excited to announce I just pushed my blog on deploying DRF using fly to my blog:

I’d appreciate everyone here checking it out and let me know if you have any questions. This got a lot longer than I originally intended, so I probably skipped a few things in fly that I could have used. Overall, the postgres integration made this super easy with DRF, and its one of the main reasons I chose to deploy on fly.

I’ll be using this template for a lot of my apps hosted on fly going forward.

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks, I am doing it right now. For what it’s worth, it didn’t work at first, and gave me this error:

Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint ss-api-db-1 (3c6f155e4740b1527f8a3881a547491a052cdc0b31cef51b7fb3779e85826123): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 0.0.0.0:5432: bind: address already in use

I tried stopping the postgresql service, and it was able to build past that part, but then halted at another error. That one I wasn’t able to reproduce but it was basically Django’s “are you sure this port is open and accepting connections” error when Postgres isn’t running (which makes sense because it wasn’t).

However after stopping/starting the Postgres service a couple times, it built and started running locally just fine. Figured I’d just mention it here in case someone else encountered that. Cheers.