Many CLI commands print Error EOF

Been having this issue for nearly 24 hours. Things seemed to be working alright then my CLI started printing Error EOF and nothing else. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with brew but it didn’t fix anything

Nevermind, just saw another post on here that worked to fix it:

1 Like

Had this issue after attempting to push a docker image to fly.io and subsequently gave up. Coming back to it a couple weeks later and still not working. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, installed, manually deleted, reinstalled again, etc…

Hi there. Can you tell me how you were able to fix this issue? I’m currently facing this issue on many commands.

I have the same issue for all operations with fly or flyctl key words. I was searching a solution but I didn’t find it. Frankly speaking, this is a very strange thing for me. A serious system error that does not allow you to run a single command, not even an update or anything else, with zero support and no information about it. I can’t even look at the logs because of this. And it makes no difference whether I run it with the Internet on or off, with a configuration file or not, it’s just an error EOF.

Well, I found a solution for my case. In one of the topics, I found a description of the reason for this error as lack of space. In my case the reason was the same. Apparently, when the disk memory runs out, and at that moment FLY is running, it “breaks” its system files and configuration. Solution: I found a directory with these files. For Windows users, this is %USER%/.fly. for other systems, I think it will be similar. I deleted all .lock files and the configuration file. I ran the command again, re-logged in and work resumed.
BTW text logs you can find in this catalog(.fly)

Hello, this long-standing bug occurs when flyctl’s internal config file (/.fly/config.yml) gets truncated to zero bytes (which can happen when the disk is out of space) and messes up the config-file parser. A fix is on the way!

1 Like