How I Fly

Hey all, friendly neighborhood Xe here!

I just published a new article to the Fly.io blog: How I Fly. I want to expand this into a series where I talk with members of the Fly.io community for how they use Fly.io.

If you are interested, please leave a summary of what you do with Fly.io. I’ll hang out in this thread to comment on the cool ones!

8 Likes

Interesting blog post!

We use fly.io to run pretty much all of our infrastructure, including our identity servers (node, OAuth2); API servers (nodejs, graphql); frontend (nginx, Angular); database (CockroachDB); antivirus (ClamAV); and other infrastructure bits and bobs (Grafana Agent, logs shipper, IP → country service, etc).

We use autostart/autostop for the API and have our frontend deployed in multiple regions to improve load times around the world.

2 Likes

Cool series!

I’m using Fly to serve a a number of services for my audio hosting project. I guess the most interesting one is audio encoding at scale with machines. Another one is serving a low latency embeddable audio player with 5 locations around the world with local cache etc.

I’d be happy to share more if you’re interested in publishing this in your blog after we’ve launched in a couple of weeks and have some proper marketing. We only have a dumb landing page for now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.