Getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and ERR_CONNECTION_RESET site was working for a bit..

Hey there, I deployed my app today:

scp-admin.fly.dev

and everything was working great for a few errors but now I am getting ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

and I can’t connect to the site… Any ideas why this randomly happened after working for a few hours and how to fix? Thanks!

I’m seeing the same thing on my app, it started around 17:01 EST / 22:01 GMT after working just fine for weeks.

It’s definitely some kind of SSL handshake issue.

I’ve tried restarting it, scaling it, but no luck.

I am getting ERR_CONNECTION_RESET. It was working fine for some time yesterday and now this error.

I have the same issue. Here’s the verbose curl output:

$ curl -vvv 'https://summer-moon-5467.fly.dev' 
*   Trying [2a09:8280:1::b8e2]:443...
* Connected to summer-moon-5467.fly.dev (2a09:8280:1::b8e2) port 443 (#0)
* ALPN: offers h2
* ALPN: offers http/1.1
*  CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
*  CApath: none
* TLSv1.0 (OUT), TLS header, Certificate Status (22):
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS handshake, Client hello (1):
* OpenSSL SSL_connect: Connection reset by peer in connection to summer-moon-5467.fly.dev:443 
* Closing connection 0
* TLSv1.0 (OUT), TLS header, Unknown (21):
* TLSv1.3 (OUT), TLS alert, decode error (562):
curl: (35) OpenSSL SSL_connect: Connection reset by peer in connection to summer-moon-5467.fly.dev:443

I can access both of the apps mentioned here (scp-admin.fly.dev and summer-moon-5467.fly.dev). Is anyone still having issues?

Edit: Oh, this is an issue specific to IPv6, which I couldn’t reproduce since I don’t have IPv6 on my laptop. We’re looking into it now.

Thanks! Yes it seems some folks can access the app.

I am getting this when I try:

This appears to be an IPv6-only problem, we’re working on a fix.

1 Like

We are also facing the same issue.

Same issue here, started yesterday afternoon.

Deploying a fix (reverting a change). IPv6 should be working everywhere again in a few minutes.

Seems to be working again for me. Thanks all.