flyctl ssh console: Waiting for host... and nothing happens

Do you get the same errors (in the agent) for the concordia org?

I tried these DNS queries (to get instances) manually and they work from our infrastructure. I’m thinking maybe there’s trouble connecting to our wireguard gateway.

Can you try these instructions to connect with your org’s config using a wireguard client available on your platform? Private Networking

connect to sxt and ten apps work
FYI @jerome

the same problems with concordia apps

unfortunately, the instruction didn’t help me :-(((

You’ve connected to your private network via WireGuard with an app (other than flyctl)?

If this worked successfully, you can try something like this from your computer:

dig @fdaa:0:2698::3 TXT regions.fly-trussell-trust-salesforce-middleware-production-redis.internal

Here’s another thing you can try: an experimental build of flyctl that runs Wireguard connections over a TCP websockets connection.

Download the release here for your local machine. Make sure to grab the arm64 version if you’re on an M1 Mac.

Unpack the file with tar xvzf filename.tar.gz. Then you can run the flyctl-dev binary from your project path.

First, run fly agent stop. Then try flyctl-dev ssh console and let us know.

@nickolay.loshkarev have you had a chance to try this build? ^^

I get a similar issue with this build (nordvpn it not enabled).

./flyctl-dev ssh console -a fly-foodbank-production-web
Update available 0.0.269-dev-tqbf-tcp-proxy-48b8696 → v0.0.270.
Run “flyctl-dev version update” to upgrade.
Waiting for host ⢿

That seems to be hanging at a different spot. Will you try again with LOG_LEVEL=debug fly-dev sh console?

@nickolay.loshkarev @matthewford we might have fixed the problem. It seems like a bunch of apps were moved into that trusseltrust organization, but the private network they were on didn’t get updated. This was a bug we fixed a few months ago, so I’m guessing the moved happened before that. The net effect was that wireguard peers for trusseltrust didn’t allow you access.

We updated the network for all those apps and you should be able to connect via SSH and wireguard now.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

Would be able to check if concordia is ok, or might that be the same issue as it was moved at the same time?

I think that’s one we found yesterday, everything that had this issue should be fixed now! It didn’t affect all that many apps and was easy to correct once we realized what the problem was.

1 Like