Fly.io deploy and flyctl is extremely broken

ailed to fetch an image or build from source: error building: failed to solve: rpc error: code = Canceled desc = grpc: the client connection is closing

Facing almost daily

Let’s get it resolved.

Anyone who can help?

Sorry for the inconvenience. I can help and have a few questions.

• Can you share the logs from flyctl before that grpc: the client connection is closing error?
  • What is your OS?
  • What is the version of your Docker? Please run docker version and share the output.

I get:

WARN Failed to start remote builder heartbeat: failed building options: failed probing “…”: context deadline exceeded

Error: failed to fetch an image or build from source: error connecting to docker: failed building options: failed probing “…”: context deadline exceeded

This does not seem to be on my side.

Thanks @KostasAcc!

Did you get grpc: the client connection is closing after that? What is your OS and your Docker version?

I am using your remote docker option. Apparently, it was an issue on your side. I did nothing, and some time later it worked. :slight_smile:

Having this issue every day, have to destroy the builder and then hopefully sometimes it works. Severely hindering,

on MacOs
fly v0.2.3 darwin/arm64 Commit: 1195da2f607f3797356b18dc4a0ffc40a91f55ac-dirty BuildDate: 2024-02-13T23:43:04Z

Can confirm that this happens randomly and frequently. There are sometimes days when I am unable to deploy.