Error: You ran into an error connecting to the Fly API

Hi, I’ve been trying to get to a point where I can connect to my app (which is a different problem), and I’ve deployed successfully up through v5 - however after that suddenly deploys started failing with the following error during the “Creating release” step:

Error You ran into an error connecting to the Fly API. If the error persists, keep this request ID to help Fly Support track it down: 01G7FHVVYQ5HN6BEW94XJ1ZEWA-sjc

I thought it might be a transient error, but I’m still seeing it 12 hours later. I’m able to flyctl ssh console to the container, but flyctl deploy keeps failing with that error. Is there a way to diagnose this further?

This only happens on flyctl deploy? Or is it happening on other commands too?

Oh wait, found something. Can you share the CMD line from your Dockerfile? And the release_command in the fly.toml? Or the [processes] block?

The error that came up looks like an issue parsing one of the commands it’s trying to run. Those are the places that I can think of where a command might be defined.

Yep, only on flyctl deploy.

I had added the name of my binary to processes line (processes = ["empd"]) in fly.toml, while trying to diagnose the other issue. (Something appeared to be killing the container, so I had assumed it might be looking for processes in the list as part of the monitoring.) Going back to the default processes = [] line fixed it.