Does Fly.io publish any kind of IP-range-to-region mapping ?

Hi there,

I’m looking for a set of public IP range that fly uses, key to its various regions - does this exist anywhere?

I’ve shared some examples of other providers who do this below:

Amazon:

Microsoft:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519

Google:
https://www.gstatic.com/ipranges/cloud.json

See their help page

This has come up a few times in other questions:

My use case here is somewhat different, and I’ve referred to some of it in this post:

If it helps, I’m looking for this information to make it easier to create carbon intensity figures for deploying to different regions, and to, (for want of a better term) do greener deploys with Fly.io.

We don’t have this at this point in time, mostly due to some implementation details of our platform.

Static outbound IPs are somewhat complicated in our infrastructure. We’d like to ship the necessary infrastructure to get you per machine static IPs, it’s just expensive and slow.

The nature of our infrastructure makes global IP lists difficult too. The pool of outbound IPs changes a few times per week. This is one area our infrastructure has not yet matured, we don’t have coherent IP ranges to list out in any specific region yet.

1 Like

I would also really appreciate some listing of the current outbound IPs for a given region.

We are working through an issue right now where requests to Google Cloud’s APIs (ie all requests to googleapis.com) are being blocked with 403 errors, but seemingly only for outbound requests from our Singapore-region fly instances.

We have a high priority support ticket and are working with the Google Cloud team to try to resolve the issue, but it is hard to resolve given I cannot give them helpful diagnostic information about what IP ranges these blocked outbound requests are even coming from.

Would really appreciate this, even if just a short-term one-off listing for the time being, to help us diagnose the issue with Google Cloud blocking our outbound requests from Fly SIN instances.

Thanks,
Ethan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.