Deployment stuck in desired state

I deployed my app via github actions, the workflow is stuck on the deployment step.

➜  fly status --all -a osc-academic-hub-release
App
  Name     = osc-academic-hub-release          
  Owner    = open-study-college                
  Version  = 28                                
  Status   = running                           
  Hostname = osc-academic-hub-release.fly.dev  
  Platform = nomad                             

Deployment Status
  ID          = 6fb0e8de-9d7d-5bb9-cf04-a2fadf419e75         
  Version     = v28                                          
  Status      = running                                      
  Description = Deployment is running                        
  Instances   = 1 desired, 0 placed, 0 healthy, 0 unhealthy  

Instances
ID              PROCESS VERSION REGION  DESIRED STATUS  HEALTH CHECKS           RESTARTS        CREATED    
6669b745        app     25      lhr     run     running 2 total, 2 passing      0               19h41m ago

Hi @aaacafe,

I can confirm something got unexpectedly stuck with this app’s deployment, we’re looking into it to try and get it sorted out for you and will keep you posted.

thanks,

abit more info that you might find useful.

i was deploying two apps in parallel

Kind regards
aaacafe

The deployment should be un-stuck now, sorry for the inconvenience!

I am struggling with a similar issue here. I am 99% sure the problem is me (this app has never been deployed successfully before) but I cannot for the life of me find any logs that tell me what is going wrong. I’ve tried deploying from Github Actions as well as with fly deploy, with many permutations of health checks disabled and not.

Deployment Status
  ID          = 2f7186d3-7f65-bf41-a57b-c52287d2fccd
  Version     = v1
  Status      = running
  Description = Deployment is running
  Instances   = 1 desired, 0 placed, 0 healthy, 0 unhealthy

This might be due to our fra region experiencing high load resulting in slower deployments (sometimes 10-15 minutes or longer). The fly deploy command can timeout in those cases. When that happens the deployment will still happen, and once it does fly status will show the instances as running.

More info on our status page: Fly.io Status - Deployments may take 10-15min in fra region