Could not proxy HTTP request

Hi all! I’m not a developer, I use the diabetes program GitHub - nightscout/cgm-remote-monitor: nightscout web monitor. Today the site suddenly stopped working, tell me what to check?

Here are the latest logs:

2023-02-08T12:24:45.610 proxy[ff40ec27] otp [warn] Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 25 ms (attempt 1)

2023-02-08T12:24:50.089 proxy[ff40ec27] otp [warn] Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 1000 ms (attempt 10)

Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 23 ms (attempt 1)

Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 1000 ms (attempt 10)

Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 20 ms (attempt 1)

The host where your app runs had a bit of a hiccup this morning, it had to be rebooted. Things should be fine now!

Single-instance apps are subject to these issues because there’s no redundancy, nowhere for our proxy to route to.

I realize you’re not a developer so maybe this won’t make sense to you, but: if your app can run more than 1 instance with the same data source, you should scale it up to at least 2 instances.

2 Likes

For documentation, one reason this warning

2023-02-08T12:24:45.610 proxy[ff40ec27] otp [warn] Could not proxy HTTP request. Retrying in 25 ms (attempt 1)

could appear in your log is if you accidentally set PRIMARY_REGION to a non-existing region in your fly.toml

PRIMARY_REGION = "amss" # typo

I’m having the same problem. I restarted the application and the same thing keeps happening, what can I do? Thanks

the problem is still relevant, it helps to make a deploy again